He came out to the shop and we selected the wood and discussed the design together.
This is for a king sized bed and measures 54″ x 80″. It will be hung on the wall for maximal wood exposure.
I used 1920s pine framing lumber for the frame and a wide variety of cool pieces of wood for the face, probably too many to recount, but I’ll attempt to log them here:
- Maple flooring, 1×5.
- Antique maple desk parts from a curb-salvaged desk.
- Pine, poplar, oak pallet wood.
- Yellow pine sheathing wood, Durham, 1940s.
- Red oak from the Liner shop, Cedar Grove, NC.
- Beadboard, 1920s pine, Old West Durham.
- Poplar and cherry beadboard from the farmhouse at Confluence, Cedar Grove, NC.
- 1920s Heart Pine flooring, Okd West Durham.
- Yellow Pine tongue and groove sheathing out of a building on Parrish St, Downtown Durham. Eat 1940s.
- 1920s pine ship lap siding, OWD.
- Pine wainscoting, Liner shop.